speech IRL is currently seeking speech-language pathologists for part-time independent contractor positions at our Chicago practice.
Speech-Language Pathologist (part-time)
- Master's degree in speech-language pathology from an accredited institution
- Current licensure within the state of Illinois
- Experience and interest in any of the following populations: stuttering, voice, articulation, social communication; youth, teens, adults
- Strong technical clinical expertise in area(s) of interest
- Experience and confidence working with non-geriatric adult populations
- Extremely strong counseling skills
- 2+ years of professional experience outside of SLP/education strongly preferred (particularly industry experience in business, finance, consulting, psychology, performing arts)
- Experience with corporate speech-language pathology/executive coaching a plus
- Relevant speciality certifications a plus
CFY candidates are welcome to apply. Please note that this is at most a 3-4 clinical contact hours per week position; we are not able to offer CFY mentorship. This position is suited for CFY candidates seeking to gain experience with a niche population in addition to a full-time CFY placement elsewhere.
How to Apply
E-mail your resume and cover letter to info@speechIRL.com. The subject line should read "SLP application". If you are interested in a particular specialty, please indicate this in the subject line as follows: "SLP application: stuttering" or "SLP application: voice".
Your cover letter should consist of a strong personal narrative demonstrating why you are a good fit for speech IRL and our unique client demographic.
Inquiries and applications will only be accepted via e-mail. We will do our best to acknowledge receipt of every application. We will not respond to unsolicited follow-up phone calls.